2021 Chili Bowl Classic 5K FAQ’s
About the Race
When does the race begin?
- The race will begin at 9:00 am on Sunday, June 6, 2021
Where does the race begin?
- On Chester Avenue in front of the Hofbräuhaus.
When does race day registration/packet pick-up begin?
- Race day registration and packet pick-up will begin at 8:00 am inside the Hofbräuhaus and will end at 8:55 am.
- You can register online by clicking HERE; Registration will stay open through race morning
Will you send me a confirmation?
- All online registrations will receive confirmation via e-mail
Packet Pick-Up Information
All info can be found HERE
Results and Awards
How is this race timed?
- This race is an officially timed event using the disposable B-tag timing system. Timing chips are attached directly to the back of your bib number and are to remain adhered for the duration of the event. You do not need to return your timing chip after the race.
Where can I see my results?
- Results will be posted directly after the race on our website. Locate the race and click the ‘Results’ link or on the home page, go to the Race Results tab. You may need to refresh your browser to view.
When will the results be posted?
- The results will be posted, barring any issues, throughout the morning.
- You may also opt in during registration to have results emailed and/or texted to you!
What do I do if my results are incorrect or missing?
- After the results have been officially posted, please contact Adam Petrovic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Does this race provide any kind of awards?
- Yes, we will have awards for the top 10 overall male and female finishers in the 5K
You can claim your award at the awards table on race morning
I could not pick up my award on race day, how can I get my award?
- There are two additional ways to get your award:
- You can pick up the awards at the Hermes office located at 2425 West 11th Street, Suite #2 , Cleveland, OH 44113
- We can send your award to the next Hermes race you plan to run. Contact Adam Petrovic at email@example.com to make arrangements.
- We do NOT mail awards
- Awards can be claimed for up to 30 days after the race.
Race Day Logistics and Information
Where can I park the morning of the race?
- Parking is available near Hofbräuhaus Cleveland, surrounding lots, & street meters are free on the weekends.
Is there a bag check?
- There will not be a bag check.
Am I able to bring my dog or a stroller to the race?
- Dogs and strollers are welcome, but please stay to the back of the start area for the safety of the runners. Dogs will NOT be allowed in the Hofbräuhaus.
Refunds and Transfers
I can no longer participate in the race due to an injury or scheduling conflict, can I get a refund or transfer to another person?
- Sorry, but all entries are non-refundable. Once we’ve received and processed your entry, you will not receive a refund, you may not give or sell your race number to other people, and entry fees are not transferable to the next year’s race or any other race.
You are able to transfer your entry to another person in your RunSignUp profile. Just log in and look for the race. There will be an option to transfer. There will be NO transfers on race day!
If I am unable to attend and I have already registered, can I still get my t-shirt?
- Yes, you can pick up your shirt at one of the packet pickup locations prior to the race – we do not mail shirts. Please call the office ahead of time to let us know that you are coming.
Hermes Sports & Events
2425 West 11th Street Suite #2
Cleveland Ohio 44113
Can I volunteer?
- E-mail Adam Petrovic at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering for the race.
Do I have to run the race or can I walk instead?
- You may walk the course. However, the police may ask you to move to the sidewalk as the race draws to an end.
What is the weather typically like at this race?
- The weather in Northeast Ohio is always unpredictable! For up-to-date forecast information, click here.
What should I bring to the race?
- While this depends on personal preference, a typical race packing list includes your running shoes, spare shoes/socks in case of inclement weather, layers or a change of clothes, a watch, your registration confirmation (if you need to pick up your packet), and your race bib (if you have already picked up your packet).
How is the course- does it have many hills?
- For the most part the course is flat. There are some small hills along the way.
For how long will the course be open?
- The course will stay open until about an hour after the race start time. Ultimately the police decide when to close the course for everyone’s safety.
I noticed this event is part of the Road Race Series. Do I have to be registered for that to participate?
- No, this race is open to all interested participants. For more information regarding the Road Race Series, please go to the Road Race Series link on our website.
If you ran the race in the past and supplied an email address you will receive information and race updates as the race gets closer. Others interested in joining the Cleveland Chili Bowl Classic 5K email list, please CLICK HERE.
For more information, call (216) 623-9933 or email email@example.com